1371661122945image.jpg1371661122945image.jpgag23:
kashmir:

IMO...Porsche 911 is

- a sportscar

- compeptitive on tracks ...the next day you can take your kid to school and head afetrwards to your office/job

- a design icon...clean design...timeless

- a raw guy, puristic drive, high performance, demnading, giving feedback to driver

- a dreamcatr for youngs boys and mature man. Beloved by Woman

Yes....991 suits that. Although... raw/puristic? To get a sportscar sound  the car needs soundprocessing. C´mon.... design...a little overloaded (turning/daylights/turbo back). Chromeline exterior...

IMO a huge mistake is that Porsche moves the 991 close to the Panamera (the interior)... Hard to believe that Panamera will count as contributor to Porsches heritage. Crossing the 911 with an other model never worked out.

Porsche was never shy on pricing...with 991 they overdone that. Especially if you see (on paper), what you get. 15hp more on Carrera S, 30 hp more on turbo s.  Not that impressing, or!?

996 a milestone...? Look at their pricing and standing in the used car market. That tells all. Same for 955 Cayenne. And in few months you see a lot 4 cylindre Macan turbo diesels take the Porsche badge to the mass market.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the interior concept of the 991 came from the Carrera GT interior and not from the Panamera as you state!

--

2011 Porsche Carrera 4S Platinum Silver (sold)
2013 Porsche Panamera GTS Basalt Black

2013 Porsche Carrera S GT Silver

“The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” 
― Bob Marley