nberry:
KresoF1:
Nick, my advice is to test drive MP4-12C and then you will be able to give it your final judgement.

After its intro I was very impressed with MP4-12C and even thinking about possibility of buying it.

Just... After recent pretty long and nice test drive in my friends MP4-12C I amde my subjective opinion about it.
It is a great and truly fast sportscar. But, I subjectively can not live with its shortcomings.

What are some its shortcomings?Smiley The Spider looks very interesting. Do the doors on the Spider operate in the same way as the coupe? I know with the SLS convertible the doors operate differently from the coupe.

Nick,

I will be just little bit off topic(since this thread is about 991 Turbo after all). IMHO MP4-12C shortcomings are:

-stupid doors without door handles(yes, this is ergonomic feature) with unergonomic as possible car entery

-strange gearbox overall ratios(very long fourth, fifth, sixth and specially seventh gear) that could be a benefite on some tracks but, they are definitely not a benefite on the road-this is purely my personal opinion

-sometimes pretty strange suspension setup. For example try to drive MP4 very fast on windy road then sudddenly drop the speed see what will happened... Suspension reacts pretty akward in this situation and you can feel some unsettling behaviour(like the control software do not exactly knows what to do)

-open diff. Yes, MP4 traction control managment is very, very good but... When you drive car with amazing electronically controlled rear diff as is F12 Berlinetta for example you can get the picture what kind of traction is MP4's traction control producing. Very, very good traction but, not as fluid or amazing as is F12 traction. Both cars are RWD are I was lucky enough to try both at the same time since my friend owns both