absent:

Let's compare apples to apples,the base price of Mclaren is $70k higher then 991TTS here in US.

Comparing used,depreciated,ordered and deflowered by some other guy car to a brand new,virgin one does not make sense to most of us here.

For regular,daily use,Porsche has no peer in practicality,ease of use and full performance accessibility that ANY Ferrari or Mclaren can't even dream of.

The latter one has very small cabin and the stupid door is mounted at an idiotic angle that any normal sized guy has to make an origami of himself when entering or exiting.

Makes you look like a real schmuck when in public and embarrassing to your wife/girlfriend when she wears some sexy outfit.

Yes,on paper it may have slightly better numbers but in real world the story is totally different.....

Just my 2 cents.......(and I am a long time Ferrari guy......)

Interesting points. However, in Germany and other countries, the price difference between a MP4-12C base car and a well optioned 991 Turbo S is not that high, maybe in the 10-15k EUR range. I also heard that McLaren dealers give nice rebates over here but I cannot confirm it. Rebates for the 991 Turbo S are currently in the 3-6% range in Germany, if you are lucky.

I agree, I love the 991 Turbo S for the daily driver capability, even if I won't use it on a daily basis for various reasons (not that I don't want to but things are complicated). I also agree that entering the McLaren is a pain in the a.., it made me feel young though Smiley but my wife hated it ("you drive alone in this...").

Performance? Well...this is where McLaren really nailed it. They put a lot of pressure on Ferrari, Lamborghini and of course...Porsche. Apparently Porsche decided not to try to compete with McLaren on that level but I think this is a mistake. Yes, there will be a much faster 991 GT2 and then a GT2 RS but if Porsche markets and advertises the new 911 Turbo as their benchmark, they have a problem now.

bench.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)