KresoF1:

In what terms? Official 0-200km/h is 10.3s, if your question will press cars beat this figure? Answer is depending on the magazine. German AZ for sure will get better results. Sport Auto probably not...

It is really difficult to speculate about results from car magazines but I agree, Autozeitung always achieves better acceleration times, probably due to the stickier asphalt they test their cars on.

Is 991 Turbo S capable to get below 30s for 0-300km/h? I do not think so. 560ps is despite known fact that Porsche "560ps" are probably the most powerfull "560ps" is still 560ps and you can not expect miracle here.

Don't kill the messenger. According to another source, the new 991 Turbo S outruns the 997 GT2 RS up to 210 kph (from standstill) and then gets slowly overtaken by the GT2 RS, leaving a gap three to four car lengths when hitting 300 kph. We are talking real speed here, no speedo values. The GT2 RS does 0-300 kph in 28.6 seconds, so I guess the 991 Turbo S would then hit 300 kph in aprox. 33 seconds or so. Of course this is only speculation, I get so much rumors regarding the Turbo S (maybe because I also ask around a lot) but there is no precise information available yet. A french car magazine achieved 35.5 seconds in the "old" 997 Turbo S, so I think it should be doable.

Look what cars can get below 25s in 0-300km/h... Ferrari F12 with 740ps, Murci and few others.

Well...below 25 seconds would be quite sensational. Smiley

For below 30s in 0-300km/h you need more then 630ps and better gearing then the one Porsche is using on PDK in 991 Turbo/Turbo S. 318km/h is achieved in 6th gear at almost 6900rpm which means that you have only 300rpm till limiter. With current PDK gearing new Turbo S simply can not go faster then say it 323km/h.

You actually claimed something else but this doesn't matter, right now there is a lot of confusing information floating around. You forget to take the overboost into that equation, which can easily be re-activated if you only reduce throttle for a fraction of a second.

All other sportscars equiped with DTC gearboxes are using 7th gear as power gear(458 Italia, F12 Berlinetta, SLS AMG GT). Only MP4-12C is using pretty long 7th gear as well.

True but they do not fulfill EU 6, do they? Smiley

Reasons are EU6 regulation that Porsche craves for and "fake" fuel consumption values. Just check out fuel consumption values offically presented by Porsche for 991 Turbo S... 

True but the other manufacturers can't ignore EU 6 (mandatory starting Sept. 2015 on new cars).

It is pretty difficult to predict the real life performance of the new 991 Turbo S but of course I still hope for slightly sub 3 seconds from 0-100 kph and slightly sub 10 seconds from 0-200 kph. 0-300 kph performance should be under 36 seconds for sure but how much under 36 seconds is a different question. Under 30 seconds would be amazing but I don't believe that either (considering the 0-300 kph performance of the 997 GT2 RS).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)