BjoernB:

RC - considering the new price here in CH for a 997 turbo S of almost if not 280k Sfr - and now being availble with low miles for 140k (still +110k Euro) is just 50% for a car less than 20k km on it . I must admit I LOVE the looks of the 991 and I am sure in flesh it looks even better - but all I am saying is in terms of everyday performance you can have similar for considerable less money if you don't need the latest shape/gadget.

I didn't know that the 991 Turbo S is 220k EUR in Switzerland, so yes, a used one for 110 or even 120k EUR would make sense. Actually, I was thinking about getting a used 991 Turbo S before ordering the 991 Turbo S but the lease offers are very bad vs. the new car and I would certainly regret it sooner or later. If I wouldn't have the Panamera Turbo S lease (from which I can only get out if I lease a new Porsche), I would have probably bought a slightly used (not more than 10k km) 997 Turbo S for under 130k EUR. 

This is exactly my point though: Porsche should have given the new Turbo S at least 580 hp to keep a wider performance gap between the old and the new model. 30 hp aren't much now, especially considering the fact that the new Turbo S also weights aprox. 20-25 kg more (which is inexcusable in my opinion). Porsche still has time to correct the specs but I doubt they are going to do that.

Speaking of buying a new 991 Turbo S: It also has some advantages. You get a new car which won't be seen much on the streets for at least 12 months (it always takes some time for a new Turbo to make it's way to customers, maybe because it is so expensive) and of course there are the benefits of the highly improved chassis and steering,  not to forget the new PTM system (AWD/PSM). Driving a new model which just came out is always a pleasure (not many cars around, there is also that certain feel I cannot describe) but I agree, after 1-2 years of ownership, only pure performance counts.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)