kudryavchik:
RC, maybe I am wrong, but I don't see how 918 affect 911 turbo performance. 918 is completely from another league and much much faster that Mclaren. (Of course now unofficially). So why do they need to make turbo slower than MP4-12 that is much slower than 918 anyway? 

Maybe you should re-read my posts regarding this matter. The problem is the upcoming GT2 and especially the GT2 RS which could get too close to 918 performance and if they keep performance "at bay" to avoid putting the 918 under pressure, this also means that the 991 Turbo S has to be kept at a "distance" to the GT2 and even more to the GT2 RS. Smiley Sounds complicated but actually it is pretty simple.

Let me do the math for you: If the 991 Turbo S would do 0-200 kph in 9 seconds (MP4-12C territory), this would mean that the 991 GT2 needs to do 0-200 kph in maximum 8.5 seconds and the GT2 RS in 8 seconds or even faster. Now where is the 918 currently from 0-200 kph? You understand? Smiley Smiley

From 0-100 kph, even the 918 could have trouble to outrun the new Turbo S but this is another problem in my opinion. I actually think that, according to the rumors I got during the development phase (2.7 seconds from 0-100 kph) the 991 Turbo S could really achieve this time...if Porsche would let it. I doubt however this is going to happen. It would put way too much pressure on the upcoming performance models.

I know that 0-100 kph and 0-200 kph times may not be that important but just think about who usually buys these cars. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)