kashmir:

Interesting thread. 

At the end its always a question of personal taste and preferences.

Being a lifetime Porsche fan...I have to admit I am also disappointed with their current model range (911 getting to GT, too influenced by Panamera). Still think 991 turbo/S is a great car, though I would have loved to see the turbo S closer to 600 hp (580hp?), with some more exclusive extras which justifies that price increase.

On the MP4-12C.... I really, really like it. Fantastic drive, stunning fast, nice finish. BTW being also tall...I didn´t have an issue to fit in.

This is actually a very valid point. Let's just hope that the real life performance is better than it looks on paper.

I am also very curious about throttle response, turbo lag (or the lack of), AWD setup (the 997 Turbo/Turbo S had too much RWD characteristics, which doesn't make sense for an AWD car in my opinion) and PDK reaction. According to some recent information I got, there have been substantial improvements. This is actually what I do not understand: Porsche claims to have used aprox. 90% new parts in the new 991 Turbo/Turbo S, which would actually make it a completely new car vs. the "old" 997 Turbo/Turbo S. Now while this sounds impressive, I would love to know what the differences are. On paper, the 991 Turbo/Turbo S looks like a nice evolution of the 997 Turbo/Turbo S but then, why use 90% new parts? So what are the enhancements? Why did Porsche use 90% new parts? What are the differences in detail? Or did Porsche just change the parts to save money and to improve profit? Considering the price hike, I rather want to believe that Porsche really put something new on the street here. 

Porsche needs to understand that customers are curious and furthermore, they want to know what they pay for.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), 991 Turbo S (Oct. 5th), BMW X3 35d (2013)