bhnyc:

Whoopsy - any further thought to the 12C vs. Turbo S dilemma that you find yourself in!!!! haha

I drove a 12C and was shocked by its ability to turn from supercar to incredibly comfortable cruiser.  How comparable is the Turbo S ride and the 12C - both from everyday comfort to performance?

Disregarding the 3rd party eye catching 'wow' factor, the 12C is equal if not better all around for an every day car. As you have experienced 1st hand, the ride is incredible in all 3 modes, way superior over either mode in the conventionally sprung Turbo S. Both transmissions delivers perfect shifts and in the correct gear in auto mode pretty much all the time. Mid range power is also neck and neck, it would be splitting hair to decide which one is better. Launch from rest the Porsche has the edge, but the 12C is just about equal too with it's F1-spec traction control. The only edge the Porsche has is that if I want to take a friend golfing I can put 2 sets of clubs on the back seat. Well that and the awd in the Porsche. But it's a car I can live with for daily drive like the Porsche. If the 12C weren't so good, my decision would have been a lot easier.