Quote:
RC said:
Quote:
Porker said:
I just do not understand why you're all discussing the 997TT Ring time of 7'49", and even claiming that it's a disappointing time!!! While the Ring has been covered with snow NON STOP since january.

I heard that the time has been achieved on a mostly dry, partially wet and very cold asphalt (around 5*C). Don't know if this is true and I don't want to feed further speculations. The mentioned 7:49 time was a time provided by a Porsche employee during a presentation event and it wasn't a time meant for the "public".

So why don't we just relax and wait for an "officially" confirmed time done by Sport Auto or any other reputable car magazine? It may be worse, it may be better but to know the truth, we have to wait and see. The fact that the 997 Turbo did the Weissach test track faster than the Carrera GT should tell us a lot about this car. Of course the Nordschleife is a different kind of track but anyway: the 997 Turbo isn't slow and it is definetely faster than the old one. More precise figures to follow...with the first "trustable" independent review.

That's all I wanted to know, thanks RC

I have no doubt the 997TT will be a blast to drive.