reginos:

12.000 EUR for 40PS is just "normal" for Porsche, judging from what they have been charging for the Carrera Powerkits over the years. However, I believe the engine and ancillaries must be reworked not just  ECU programing. See how extensively reworked are the PK engines even allowing for the fact  that they are atmospheric as opposed to turbocharged.

Two more points: 

Now that the S is available as an additional model, buyers wouldn't be satisfied with the base Turbo and they would stretch to the S. Similar to the rest of the sportscar range. This equals more money for the company.

in the past the Turbo S models were end of the line specials, and therefore great value similar to the GTS. Porsche seem to wish to exploit the S and GTS segments by making them standard models and thus skimming the cream.

Don't be so sure about this. The price tag of the new 991 Turbo S is quite the shocker.

Right now I'm waiting for the dealer's offer on Monday but I am considering three other options too:

1. 991 Turbo: If the difference is software only...well...I know people... Smiley

2. 991 GT3: The best bang for the buck so far but no AWD and more importantly, no back seats (my wife would be OK with that but not very happy about it)

3. 997 Turbo S Coupe or Cab: Amazing offers available (between 115 and 125k EUR with under 30k km), fully loaded cars with new price tags beyond 185 or even 195k EUR and warranty but old is old... Smiley. Still...70-80k less...I can't ignore that.

Let's see the dealer's offer this Monday, I am quite curious.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4