ISUK:

I went to a 918 preview event at Silverstone today and was taken for a passenger lap in one of the development mules on part of the grand prix circuit. The mule is running at around 2/3rds power but it was seriously fast! The test driver took us out of the pit lane in electric mode and the acceleration is staggering in this mode and you feel like you are in the batmobile due to the noise it makes. When the V8 is brought into play the noise is incredible due to the top exit exhausts which are less than a metre behind your head. The four wheel steering system and phenomenal brakes make it supreme on a track. It's certainly the fastest car I've been in. The Porsche driver said you have to recalibrate your whole driving style as the braking points in this car are so much later than anything else and it can carry a huge amount amount of speed through corners thanks to the 4 wheel steering.

I think we are in for a real surprise with the final power output of this car

ISUK  - so that was your Rosso Dino Spider there today . Shame  - we should have met up! The thing that struck me most about the car was how incredibly stable it was. I think there is no doubt that they are responding to the  La Ferrari and P1 power figures and the production models will have more power than the current public figures.