REALZEUS:

Motorsports move towards smaller, turbocharged engines; fact. These engines are going to sound horribly and fans will be disappointed; prediction. This has nothing to do with the purity of engineering design. If we were to choose, who wouldn't go for a 1500 BHP 3.5 litre V12 revving at 25,000 RPM? Ferrari is simply following this route for the road cars and cheers for that!!! I hate those turbo hoovers...

PS: LaFerrari's engine is loosely based on the the engine of the F12 but has 300 different parts. Also both engines are based on FXX's engine which was meant to be transplanted to the new Enzo anyway. So that engine is as special as it gets since it is derived from the FXX Evo. ;)

F1 turbo era is the greatest era of this class - to me... They will sound good - different, but good. 80s engines sounded great.

I think V6 turbo around 15k rpm like Newey designed for gt5 game))) Smiley No need for 25k rpm, even for 20k. Only because of currents regulations manufacturers had to use pneumatic valves actuators to make engines rotate so fast. In fact these engines have a very narrow HP and torque range. Going to disagree about purity of engineering...Anyway don't want to argue here. We don't know. But from history books - there was a time in 70s - there was a series named Can-Am. Group 7 cars, almost no rules, engineers made whatever they wanted to do... In 1974 series died... Costs... 

You are talking like apple marketing dept: "in our new iOS version we have added 300 new features"))) But nobody can even make a list. Anyway like iOS it is based on a same core - engine blockSmiley Made a small parallel)))

Are you sure that ferrari has designed 100% new engine for FXX? I doubt...

--

sportcars-history.com