I doubt that there is any difference between the 997.2 and 991 PDK operation in this respect. But when I drove the 991 I concentrated on other things and did not try it.

However, what Porsche highlight as the Sport and Sport Plus difference is the Launch Control and the "Race Strategy" gear changes in Sport Plus Auto. In practice however the M gear changes are faster in Sport Plus and the you can hit the rev limiter in M. As these two things are not mentioned either in the brochure or in the owner manual, I suspect that many testers and owners don't bother to try them. The 997.2 NBR time of 7.50 was set by SA magazine in Sport Plus Auto mode and most probably the time for 991 too and hence the statement about upshifting.

BTW another two PDK features that are not mentioned in the manual (but the driver has to find out empirically) are:

• Keeping the minus button or paddle pressed, gears drop in sequence until the revs don't allow it further.
  • Pressing the accelerator suddenly, as many  gears drop as again allowed by the revs. You could drop from 6G to 2G for example with a sudden push on the pedal without doing a kickdown..

--

"Form follows function"