KresoF1:

Did you had a chance to drive 911(be it 997.2 or 991) with PDK? Apparently you did not... To repeat reginos words PDK in 911 can hit the limiter in Sport Plus M mode.

You're right, I did not, as I mentioned above. But I've read too much evidence on other forums and in magazines that I believe that in the 991-series the PDK works differently in M-mode as it did in the 997.2.

This is from rennlist:

PDK will automatically up and downshift even in Manual. The difference is that the shift point in the other modes is determined by throttle. Suddenly floor it in any of the Auto modes and it will downshift appropriate to your throttle and mode. Stay on throttle and upshift point will depend on how much throttle and which mode. Floor it in Manual and it will not upshift until redline. Forget you're in Manual and brake to a stop, it will still seamlessly downshift all the way to full stop neutral. Doing this in Sport it will downshift at higher revs, you will hear the throttle blips and feel engine braking. In Manual it just stays in each gear until revs drop very low, then downshifts so smooth and quiet you will have to look at the numbers on the dash to know it happened! So overall keeps you in the gear you select while preventing you from doing any harm.

But of course, we should end this discussion and turn back to topic. Smiley