BangoO:

Reason for 4GTS are AWD, PDK (I do lots and lots of city driving and traffic jams), and alcantara...

Now you guys are right, 991S prices are not that far from 100k now... seriously, can I drive it on snow with snow tyres almost as well as a 4S ?

The AWD is not that much of an advantage in the 911 than in other cars. The rear engine design provides amazing traction capabilities. I had a 997.1 I drove on winter tires in winter time and never had any traction issues. The only limit was the ground clearance, which is an issue on all 911 models, 2WD or 4WD.

Only the turbo charged models of the 911 are a different story because of the massive torque buildup.

So if I were you and money is an issue, I would get a 991 Carrera with PDK or maybe even a Carrera S. If you wait another year, there should be more slightly used (dealer showcars/loaners, etc.) 991 AWD models on the market and the prices should drop further.

Do not get another 997, you will regret it sooner or later.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2012), Mini Cooper S Countryman All4