Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
RonnieC6Z said:
Quote:
turbolite said:
Sorry Ronnie, but you are loosing it a bit here, and actually with two people who probably are more inclined than others to believe that the z06 could pull off a great time. i think it's just plainly logical to wait for some third party test results and to comment then. taking mr. hill statements for granted is as wrong as taking mr wiedekings or röhrls for such...

The bottom line, dudes, is that either Dave Hill (and all of the other folks from Chevy and others whom were at the ring at the time of the test, including Jan Magnusson) are lying or they are not. If they are lying, then all (and I mean at least 6-8 magazines minimum) who printed the results don't have much credibility. But maybe, just maybe, is it possible that the Z ran the ring in 7.429 and everyone there whom witnessed it is telling the truth???
As I said before...show me one article IN WRITING that showed Dave Hill or anyone else with Chevy stating incorrect data regarding the Z06, C6, C5Z or C5. I OWN a
C6Z...I KNOW how fast this car is and how great it handles...I have owned Porsches....I have driven my buddys
05 996 TTS and raced him. The Z BLOWS THE DOORS OFF of the 996 TTS on the straights and curves. I know this is hard to swollow...the plastic yankmobile beating the almighty
German gold standard! In Germany no less!!! And on the ring!!! But alas....its true.

Again: you have no proof that it actually DID achieve that time in standard conditions. I really wish it would, though. Might give Porsche something to think about. Then again, let's wait for the results.

You and I both know that Porsche could care less... unless they could profit from it or charge extra.

The days where they stood alone as kings (993TT) are long gone... welcome the new BMW/Mercedes.