RC:
Conny997:
The 961 is a nice idea - and no, it won't affect the sales figures of the 911.
Why? It turns more in the direction of a "real" sport car, almost with attitudes of a race car.

The fact is the 911 is more and more a car for the older generation 50+ (like me :-) ).

Besides of a 911 GT2 RS the normal 911 even the Turbo S are great daily drivers and the more they turn in this direction the more the will attract older buyer with the necessary money. If you really want a car with sport car image you may consider the 961 or alike. Porsche has detected a real niche as always
:-)

The niche was always there but Porsche lacked the courage to "occupy" it. I just hope they don't make the mistake to put this new mid engined super sports car in a 300k EUR price range. This could kill this model.

In my opinion, pricing should start somewhere around 180-190k EUR, with some options this car would hit 230-250k at max. This would be OK. I'm afraid however that Porsche is going to be more "greedy" Smiley.

For me, the next 911 Turbo is the more interesting product. Unless of course Porsche messes it up. 

Agreed, and I would even prefer the new GT2 versions to a "design oriented" mid-engine car which will probably be not any faster than a 991 GT2TS could be. People who like "special" designs are supposed to order Ferrari, Lamborghini or McLaren not Porsches Smiley