Quote:
RonnieC6Z said:

My point is that its the Porschephiles that bring up, on this board, the Z06 Vette, compare the 997TT times to the Z06 Vette, bitch when the 997TT may not be as quick or have as much HP, then say any Vette numbers are not substantiated, and finally bitch when someone such as myself answers back. You can't have it both ways. So I guess the only solution to your problem is to either live with it, or don't read the posts that do not appeal to you, or complain to Porsche that they should build a 997 that can match or beat the numbers posted by the Z06 Vette. There you have it!

I stand by my claims. Until we get independent results, I don't buy it. I like the Vette, it's a great straight-line performer, but it's actually the Corvette fans that are blinding yourselves.
What was the stated Nring time for the standard C6? 7:55? What was the Sport Auto result? Oh, yeah, I remember that one: 8:15 .
Porsche has always had its times corroborated by independent magazines. Chevy, on the other hand, hasn't. The 7:56 time for the C5 Z06 was claimed by Chevy and never confirmed by an independent test. The C6 time was claimed as somewhere around 7:55 and WAS confirmed by magazines; the confirmation came, that Chevy couldn't estimate the time it takes to boil an egg.
We have valid previous data to base our hpotheses on. You don't.