Carlos from Spain:
Grant:
Carlos from Spain:

I curious to what they are refering to as automatically double-declutching and how that affects the manual downshift procedure by the driver... wasn't that a technique needed back in the old days when gearboxes didn't have syncros? 

My guess is that it's similar to the system used by Nissan with the 370Z (moving the gear lever creates an automatic rev-match by the computer).

That would make sense, but then why call it double-declutching? i.e. declucthing->moving into neutral->cluctching again->declucthing->moving into the lower gear->clutching. I looked at the original press release and it literally says double-declutching, not match-reving.

I suspect that it is just a mistranslation. There isn't a German expression specifically meaning the same as "double-declutching". The expression "Zwischengas geben" is used to cover both rev-matching and double-declutching and the wrong one of the two English possibilities was chosen in this instance when the English version of the press release was drafted. 

--

fritz