Leawood911:

Vettel needed someone cool in the pits to tell him right away to let Button by and retake him on the next lap.  Why does this position not exist in F1.  Like a spotter in, dare I say it, NASCAR.

Vettel was not a good judge of his own actions.  As far as he was concerned he thought he did something brilliant - passing on the slippery paint!  While it may have been a miracle that he got traction on the paint - the fact was it was out of the racing track.  It may have been impossible for anyone else to have done that BUT still he did not see the wrong in it from his charged viewpoint.

Good race anyway!  Alonso kicked ASS!  He drove consistently and is the first driver to really figure out how to manage a lead with those tires - Kimi failed at that earlier.

Now - you will all hate me - THE FACT IS Vettel was quicker and he would have overtaken Button by the end.  I think the judges need to take little facts like that into account and not penalize Vettel in this instance.  I know - not logical but more like real life.

Exactly my thoughts... Smiley