Quote:
zzboba said:
here's my latest info on this subject:

BOTH rumours are true!

1. the "evo" version with enzo-ish rear lights, around 450 HP and slight modifications will come in 2004 for sure.

2. the "really new" 360 (probably called "420 monza") will follow 1.5 - 2 years later.

sounds to me like ferrari is adopting porsche's model strategy

btw, i changed my contract for the "next 360" to the "really new 360". with the RS in my garage there's no hurry

BTW, if both rumours are true, I was guessing quite right on July, 15th:

Quote:
rossi said:

Anyway, IMO in spring 2004 we will see a redesigned Modena. If it's true, that its V8 will be increased in bore and stroke, then it must be the new V8, currently used in the Maserati, as the old V8 has reached the end of its capacity.
So I guess 460 to 475 hp are far more believable. I'm sure there also will be some recognizable changes in the design. New front bumper and different wheels are most likely.
That car will be on the market until autumn 2005 (Frankfurt motorshow) or spring 2006 (Geneva). 2006 is more likely, as I expect the all new Maranello with around 600 hp in 2005. Then the Modena will be replaced by an all new V8-Ferrari with totally new chassis. Engine will basically remain the same, most probably with small displacement increase from 4.2 to 4.3, then called 430 ... (Monza ?) with close to 500 hp.

regards,
sr