Leawood911:

Ferdie -

The wear rating on the Conti DWS has a wear rating of 540 vs 220 for the N2 Michelin

Leawood, let me point out that you cannot compare the wear rating across different manufacturers as each manufacturer has their own particular scale, it is not a standard industry rating. You can only use the wear rating when comparing different models of the same manufacturer.

Carlos -  You are missing the point that these are NOT ordinary All-season tires.  Not at all.  Maybe it is a language barrier - these are high performance tires which work in the cold and wet better - not hard to understand. 

Again - These are rated as Ultra High Performance All-Season tires  - NOT every All-Season tire is the same - these are very special.

So its a "special" tire, only they and no one else found a formula that, is a as good as high perf summer tire in the summer and as good as a proper winter tire in the winter, and it lasts twice as much as both while at it, and they sell it not for a premium but for half the price tooSmiley 19 ... I'm just very cautious with these sort of claims, in the end you get what you pay for... it may be OK for a commute cruising down the road, but when you really need the tires like when having in sportive driving fun or avoiding an accident situation, I personally would never what these tires on my car. Its just my opinion.

It is also funny that you buy into N spec Winter tires but at the same time do not question why there is NO N spec All season Ultra high performance tire.Smiley

Maybe because All season tires while OK for a commuter utility car but are neither good enough for a 911 in the summer nor in the winter? or any other sportcar in the same performance range for tha matter...

It may be significantly cheaper to run these "non-approved" tires all year around, I don't deny that and thats your choice, but you have to accept that there is a price to pay in other aspects that other may not be willing to accept and compromise with. To each his own Smiley 4

--