nberry:

Sorry Christian, that dog will not hunt. It is the same gas. Now some oil companies may claim they add additives for cleaning purposes but it is the same gas.Smiley BTW, I doubt VERY MUCH you could tell whether the octane was a point or two lower in octane.Smiley Aaron thanks for the information but even on this site facts get ignored for opinion.Smiley

I can feel a 20-30 hp difference, especially in the higher rev range.

20-30 hp less (using 95 octane fuel for example on my Turbo S instead of 98 octane) would mean 0.5 seconds longer from 0-200 kph and probably 2 seconds from 0-300 kph. While this may not be important for you, Honda and speed limit and all... Smiley, it is very important to meSmiley

If the 100 octane fuel would cost double the price, I wouldn't use it. Even at 50% more, I would have my doubts.

Right now, I pay around 10-12 Euro Cents more for the 100 octane fuel (compared to the 98 octane fuel), so this really doesn't bother me.

No, it is not the same gas because I can't get 100 octane at no-name fuel stations. Smiley

You should also know that Porsche for example, always tests various fuel qualities during development, incl. the high octane fuels. The only reason Porsche doesn't explicitly recommend this fuel is mainly for environmental reasons. The government over here wants people to use the E10 fuel, which has ethanol added.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S, BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4