Gnil:

If you go to track events, you will see that the fastest guys have very  rarely  their Porsche ( or any other brands ) still stock . Rims are most of the time changed to lighter ones, suspensions are changed etc....

These guys are also always the fastest ones, right? Smiley

You can't generalize. I know so many GT3 RS (not 4.0) drivers who heavily modded their cars and who race their cars even in Club events but most of them, I would call "passionate amateur drivers" rather than "talented amateur drivers", if you get my point. I don't say that you can race your car without mods but most club or more serious track events have rules anyways, incl. regarding mods.

Thats not the point however, I think we are misunderstanding each other: The thread started with a GT3 RS 4.0 being sold on eBay and I said I wouldn't buy a heavily modded (aftermarket parts) car. If the owner would have decided to keep the car and track race it, I wouldn't have made a single comment. Smiley

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche Panamera Turbo S (at Porsche right now), BMW X5M, Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe PP/DP, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4