RC:

Exactly my point... 

I figured out this little secret when I was 15 years old and bought my first Porsche - a 1972 914 that was seven years old and a total blast to drive.  One heck of a tough manual to learn on too!  Now you know why I love manuals.  Sadly a drunk driver destroyed that car four months later (me driving in the snow and Ice on Dec 28th, go figure)  and almost killed me in the process. 

Only 911 Porsches (6) since then - all of them used, all of them driven like I stole them and sold for just a bit less than I paid for them.  You can bet I know how and where to fix them in an efficient way after all these years.

It has been a brillian adventure driving 911s all my life and I must admit I enjoy sharing it with like minded Porsche drivers on this forum - THANKS TO ALL, and thanks for letting me be a bit abrasive (you know me - direct). 

Being born near Frankfurt in Sept of 1963 and being raised in Austria near Gmund has always made me a 911 Twin - so there will always be a 911 in my garage.  Sadly I doubt it will ever be a new one since I can buy so much more Porsche used.  Common sense and a strong Porsche addiction make used the only way to go, regardless of how many millions I have in the bank.

Looks like my next use one will be a certain GT3 4.0 with insane but vey savy upgrades...  I hope.