Spyderidol:
Carrara:
kudryavchik:

Porsche will return soon and will show who is who;) 

"To win Le Mans you must overtake Porsche" Martin Brundle.

Congratulations to Audi, but most of their wins were taken without opposition.

That may have been true for this year, but Audi has done a great job battling other teams in previous years.

It is getting kind of old though. I was rooting for Audi, but I wish the Toyotas would have stayed in it and gave Audi a major run for their money. This year was boring as it was almost a guarantee Audi was gonna win, while last year was an absolutely excellent race.

It's a real shame the Audi vs. Peugeot battles seem to be finally over. Definetly the end of a very historic era of racing!

I don't mean to disparage Audi's accomplishments,but.....due to the ridiculously biased (in favor of diesels) rules, Audi have really had no opposition through the years except for the brief period with Peugeot. Even then, Peugeot was coming back into LMP1 racing and needed a couple of years to catch up.

The non-diesel years were for Audi a breeze too because there was simply no other significant factory effort to challenge them. They came into the sport when Porsche and BMW were pulling out.

Yes, they have built a strong reputation (fantastic marketing) and they have also gained valuable experience throughout their time. They are no doubt the team to beat, but they have only been pushed to their limits a few times(Peugeot).

Hopefully Porsche will be able to give them a real challenge the first year, and beat their pants off the following.

+100500

--

sportcars-history.com