SoCal Alan:

Hey, I actually defended him...  Look back at the posts.

Yes, thanks Alan and Enmanuel Smiley

I'm surprised that some people here think it's actually right never to stand up for oneself Smiley

If my automatic stance is never to confront someone who does wrong to me then what kind of self-respect can I have for myself? Smiley I would look at myself in the mirror and think what a weak and pathetic wimp I am who is prepared to allow others to walk all over me SmileySmiley

In my situation, it was some guy in France who was interfering in how I use my car.

What if the situation was more serious?

What if a guy misbehaved towards my wife in a public place? Should I just quietly accept it? Of course not Smiley

But the principle is exactly the same. If people do wrong to you, you put them in their place. All you need to be careful of is how you put them in their place. You want to do it in a way that satisfies your need to take action but without things escalating out of control or having adverse consequences afterwards Smiley

These things can happen.

Once, while I was walking home from my office, I was crossing a road via a pedestrian crossing. When I was almost halfway across the road, a woman driver approached the pedestrian crossing at speed. About 30 metres beyond the pedestrian crossing, there was a traffic light which was green but which was about to turn orange and then red. She accelerated past me while I was halfway across the pedestrian crossing (and acceleration is contrary to the UK Highway Code in the zigzag area leading up to the pedestrian crossing) Smiley Obviously, she was supposed to come to a stop to let me continue crossing the road but instead she just narrowly missed hitting me Smiley But she didn't beat the traffic light. It changed to red and she couldn't get through so she came to a stop at the traffic light. I was absolutely furious Smiley This dangerous b*tch was prepared to nearly run me over just because she wanted to make it through a green light. Her selfishness directly endangered me. I ran to her car that was stationary at the traffic light and gestured her to lower her window. She did this halfway. I told her exactly what I thought of her dangerous driving. I swore at her and then spat at her. She was terrified but she knew she was 100% wrong so she did nothing. When the light turned green again, she drove off as quickly as she could. Serves her right. Dangerous drivers like her should not be allowed to drive. Hopefully she learnt her lesson Smiley

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red