Of course, the guy isn't expected to know my car had a weak battery because it was absolutely none of his business SmileySmiley

If a person isn't 100% sure that he knows all the facts and if the issue does not directly concern him, then he should keep his big mouth shut Smiley

Why on earth do I have to explain my situation to a complete stranger who is interfering in something that is none of his business? That's ridiculous Smiley

This happened in Aug 2007 during my tour of Europe. My car was bought new in Nov 2006. I was not prepared to buy a new battery en route to replace a 9 month old battery (that, when it was fully recharged upon our return, went on to last me reliably for over 5 years) SmileySmiley

Your assumption isn't right Smiley Having a weak battery didn't cause me any stress Smiley With simple precautions, the situation was easily handled and our trip was troublefree Smiley

I went over my memories of the event from nearly 5 years ago. All the details are correct except for one. I now remember that this incident happened during my drive around the Canyon du Verdon (which is in southeast France) and that this did not happen during the Swiss part of our trip Smiley But all the other details are exactly the same so it doesn't change the issues at all. My position remains the same. People should mind their own business Smiley

I am surprised that you are still defending a complete stranger Smiley I guess you are doing it just because I originally thought it happened in Switzerland. (Memories can naturally be misleading after 5 years). I wonder whether you would have defended him now that you know this happened in France SmileySmiley

I should express my thanks to you Smiley I am really so glad that I discussed this issue again in detail with you and others here. It has confirmed 100% to me that I did absolutely the right thing by telling the idiot (whom you are still defending) to go f*ck himself SmileySmiley

--

997.1 C2S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen pickup, BMW Z4 2.5i Roadster Sterling Grey/Red