easy_rider911:

I remember in August 2007 when my wife and I were touring Europe. We had a weak car battery (which we nursed through an otherwise trouble-free trip) so we did not want to keep starting the engine too often. So, whenever we stopped by the roadside (eg for a quick photo) and did not leave the car unattended, we just kept the engine running.

On one occasion in Switzerland, a man actually had the nerve to gesture to me (with his hand) that I should switch off my car.

I gave him a very cold, hard stare. I was so angry that this stranger had the nerve to tell me what to do so I then told him to mind his own business and to go f*ck himself.

He was a typical environmentalist (he was even wearing corduroy trousers!). You should have seen his face. He was shocked at how I had spoken back at him. Served him right for interfering. I don't think he realised that people like me don't take sh*t from anyone. It's my car and I paid for the fuel I was using so I can do as I wish with it. I wasn't using a communal resource. These do-gooders have no idea about individual freedom and how they should respect other people's right to do what they want without silly comments or gestures about what they should do.

Easy, is that really you? It seems so out of character.Smiley A wolf in sheep clothing?Smiley

Guy's, altercations in public should be engaged with one rule of thumb; 99.9% of the time YOU have more to LOSE than the other guy/girl. Why fight the odds? Ignore and move on. You will be much happier that you did.Smiley

--