kudryavchik:
SoCal Alan:
RC:

People get aggressive when they see expensive things, this is something I encounter each and every day in Germany. Just today, I was sitting with my wife at a table at a cafe for some midday coffee, I took out my iPhone to check my calendar for an appointment and a guy sitting next to me said in a loud voice "Ah...ein ProllPhone"...which kind of translates to "a phone for attention seekers" but in a very bad way. I usually don't care about comments from other people but he made this remark with a very loud voice. I asked him what kind of phone he is using, hoping for some common ground for an intelligent discussion and he replied, again in a very loud voice, "a 50 EUR Handy, the best phone in the world and not such an expensive crap". My wife told me to ignore him because she was afraid I would jump him, she knows my temper  and I listened to her but I felt really annoyed and the relaxing moment with my wife was gone. 

I just don't understand what kind of satisfaction people have to provoke? yes

You should've responded with:  "Ah... a loser" in a very loud voice back, without looking at him.

And to go down to the same level? 

A level that he might understand, yes.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk