RC:
reginos:

Ferrari are diversifying too (California and FF so far) but in a cautious way. They are treating their brand with extreme care and respect and take short but prudent steps. I am honestly very disappointed with Porsche's cynical and greedy path.

Why do people always compare Porsche to Ferrari? Smiley In my opinion, Porsche is comparable to Mercedes AMG and BMW M but not necessarily Ferrari or Lamborghini.

Mainly because for many years  Porsche and Ferrari were both the major dedicated sportscar manufacturers competing on the road and on the track. German engineering and reserved style against Italian flair and flamboyance.

The 917 vs 512 battles are part of motorsport history and went into the consciousness of us all car fans.

Ferrari 308/328 GTB drivers were uneasy because of the existence of the 911 Turbo and they aspired to it. I don't think a 458 owner today aspires to a Turbo S, no matter how fast and trustworthy the German car is. If you could find one he is the exception that reinforces the rule.

It is very sad that Porsche's dilution of character allowed late starters like ex-tuner AMG  and the  ///M Department  to be mentioned in the same context as themselves and often to outrun them on and off the track. very disappointing.

--

"Form follows function"