Ferdie:
kudryavchik:

As i have read, if i am not wrong, the still (non dynamic) round object like wheel creates + 0,5 of drag. But not only the wheel is a problem. The problem of OW cars that compared to protos the have much less aero effective zones, in other words, in OW car it is much more difficult to calm the turbulented air.

The wheels themselves are a hindrance due to their shape and position but they also make the airflow around the car far more complex and difficult to control. I guess every engineer would prefer to enclose them for those reasons alone.  That´s what I meant above with the efficiency of different race cars. Given the car´s shape and regulations in F1, they are certainly superior. 

On the other hand, prototypes from Audi, Peugeot as well as Porsche or Acura must have a very good efficiency as well given the parameters.

Unfortunately, by todays regulations LMP1 are very limited on aero. If in F1 constructors are able to go away from limitations, regulations can be interpreted differently, in LMP1 aco strictly regilates diffusers and front part aero... Diffusers must be standard, front part can develop DF only on certain places...

--

sportcars-history.com