Hey Dario

Thanks for sharing the information Smiley

I love the Akrapovic stuff it is beautiful and functional and worthy of our awesome GT2s....

Your 100-300kph times represent about 650PS which is quite a lot from the standard turbos.

I'm sure your tuning guy knows what he is doing but personally I would like to check by logging my intake temperatures at 300kph, I would guess that your tune (in the 20decC ambient) will be pushing the intake temp to high 60deg C, if it is in the 70s then you may be heading for a problem. One method of extracting power from our engines is to have the program adjust the vanes in the turbos to flow a lot of air which can produce these sorts of power numbers from standard turbos but they get very hot (the high intake air temp is an indication of the actual VTG unit's temperatures), this is OK for blasts to 200kph but when you load them up for long duration (like to 300kph) they can get too hot and catastrophic failure can occur (meltdown, big bang Smiley).

I can tell you the above because I had a program as described above which produced similar acceleration but even with my aerospace (~10K Euro) intercoolers the intake temps were up in the 70s, Schmirler was very upset when he saw this program and it was from a good sized tuning company (in fact I have currently one of their packages on my Cayenne diesel !!)

--

3.9  GT2 2011 make over