PureBlue:
Carrara:
I've said it a million times before:

Lap times DO NOT MATTER on a street car! On a street car, you are supposed to have as much fun as is possible. You are never going to be able to use a GT3 to its fullest potential on the street, and even at track days, lap times still really don't matter. You go to the track to have fun. 

The only times lap times (and going as fast as possible) matter are on race cars. The 911 GT3 RSR having paddle shifters is not a problem for me. Though racing is still about fun, it is also about getting around the track as fast as possible.

At the track those tiny hundredths of seconds certainly matter. Now tell me the last time anybody got hung up about a hundredth of a second on a road car?

Carrara, you may as well just give up.  There are none as deaf as those who don't want to hear.  I'm afraid the concept of the "thrill of driving" gets lost in this obsession with faster shifts, faster 0-100 times, faster lap times, etc.  All you get from banging your head against a brick wall is a bloody forehead - so just smile and let it wash over you.  SmileySmiley

Another good way to put it. Everybody can go off an enjoy their heavy luxed out Porsche 911's worrying about pointless 0-100 times and what not. I'll spend my time enjoying the fact that there is always the true 911 built from 1963-2012. Not saying the 991 isn't  a real 911, but unfortunately, it seems like the typical consumer is transforming the 911 into something purists have dreaded for 50 years. Because next year is the 50th anniversary of the 911.