I completely agree that the Ring is still the most demanding track for the drivers and the cars. Everyone who makes it to the end is a winner!  

We will see if all the teams have already shown their hand yet. The tires will be crucial as the performance from one make to other depends heavily on the weather. Usually the michelin shod cars have an advantage but the Yokos are good in mixed conditions and Dunlop developed their tyres for the Z4.

I'd like to compete again, maybe I drive some races in autumn. Honestly as I drove in the same team with the champions on the same car there is no hiding and I could not translate my RCN results into the VLN as traffic is much higher and also the mental stress tough competing as an amateur. Until now I had a lucky class win in SP4, two 5. places in V5 and also a 7. place in V5. In RCN I was several times on the podium with also a win.

Currently I do more selective track days like Spa and Redbull Ring with my GT3RS MKI. I still have to learn to drive the  Porsche and I have huge respect of its dynamics especially as this car has no PSM and we already spun the car in Spa at 180km/h exit of Pouhon and suffered some damage, luckily nothing on the chassis nor the engine. 

Mike