Hey "Beauty"!

My compressed air is really pretty low tech.  Just a simple air compressor, an air hose, and a spray nozzle.  Not really powerful enough to spray off the entire car (I could, but it would take forever), but I do spray out seams and edges that can hold water and let it drip our later, causing streaks:  around mirrors, panel seams, window edges, and door jams, etc.  I do sometimes try to drive some of the water off the hood, roof, and rear cover, but even that's pretty slow going.  I need a full wax again soon, which will help the water roll off a bit, which is probably better.

The main rinse I do with regular water (from a hose or very light pressure washer), and a follow-up rinse of filtered water from my kitchen.  I used to just pour the filtered water from a gallon jug, but I just bought a small pump sprayer to try as an experiment (haven't done it yet).  I let the filtered water just air dry, and it doesn't seem to spot at all.

Honestly though I don't put a lot of emphasis on a perfectly clean car (more power to you for doing what you love though), because I live in a rural area where it gets a little dirty every time I drive (which is only for pleasure, but pretty often).   I totally understand your driving limitations though.  And I share you concern about scratches.

One more thing that I find helps a bit:  I wash the car either in the garage, in the shade, or in the cool morning, so that the exterior is cool, and I'm not racing to keep rinsing it before the soapy water (or even the hose water) dries on the car.  My dark blue car, like your black, gets crazy hot in the direct sun.