996cal:
Spyderidol:

It was a very good performance, only marred by the fact that the current RSR needs a good dose of BoP in order to compete with the F458.

Come on Porsche- Bring on "Fafi"(960)!

Spider idol, why is that the RSR's in the alms have to run smaller air restrictors than ferrari's? I had a chance to talk to Hartmut Kristensen at long beach and said it was the rules not being fair and that he was working on it. I remember reading somewhere on here that Porsche was already running with max air restrictors just to compete with other but according to Hartmut that is not the case as they are running with smallest out of all cars.

well that's total BS by Hartmut, an outright Lie. Ferraris are running 28.3mm restrictors, while Porsche is running 28.9mm, This was all last year, and this year up until now, Compared to Corvette and BMW they are smaller, but to the Ferrari they were 0.3mm larger then regulation. Ferrari runs on regulation restrictors.  This has all changed since a few days ago, when porsche was given a another restrictor break, this time huge, so they are now runnning 29.3mm restirctors instead of the regulation 28.6mm, while ferrari is still stuck at 28.3mm.

Not only that they were also alowed to move their back wing 10cm higher then regulation.

BTW this latest BoP for Porsche was pure BS, because they were more then capable of running at the pace of the ferraris at SPA with 28.6mm restirictors..

All the things stated here by me are fackts that can easily be checked, by looking at the ALMS BoP sheets.at www.imsaracing.net from the beging of the year, and the original GTE regulations at www.lemans.org

In other words, the rest of the ALMS season will be Porsche dominance, while the greatest show will be, by how much will porsche sandbag, and limit its true potential up until they really have to push.