reginos:

Japanese cars are generally simpler in their construction and engineering, especially electronics that often go wrong in European cars.. Moreover, the materials used for the interior are more hard wearing at the expense of elegant appearance. If I wanted a workhorse, I would definitely get Japanese. I had two Mitsubishi Pajero/Montero for hard work and they were excellent. If I wanted a safe car with up to date engineering and good road manners I would buy German, recognizing the higher costs and some incidents of unreliability. Having said, that one of worst cars I owned for reliability was a Mercedes ML 320 of 2002. I would never buy Italian or French for any purpose, unless I could afford a Lamborghini

The same applies to motorcycles BTW.

Now, is a Golf more complex than a Mazda 3, or a  BMW 7 Hybrid than a Lexus LS600? I don't think so. The Japanese rely on their elaborate manufacturing techniques and excruciating attention to detail that sometimes elude Europeans. When a car runs for 200.000 miles without a breakdown, then I call it reliable. I estimate that 7 out of 10 such cars are Japanese. Smiley

PS: By the way, I would easily be an Alfa Giulietta over a 1 Series and a Fiat 500 over a VW Up. Let's not even go to supercars, it's unfair for non-Italian makers. Smiley

--
FERRARI RULES!!!