RC:
dxpetrov:

I would much rather see Porsche filling up that ''Ferrari 458-competitor-void'' than waste time on things like this which contradicts their sport heritage. All these front engined GTs are usually put against the 911s all the time and get spanked in every category on and on again. 

Well...let me see: What is more important for Porsche? High volume production numbers or selling 500 cars per year ? Hmm, I don't know... Smiley Smiley

That hipothetic Porsche GT won't serve to increase the sales as is gonna target similar group as the 911.

The Ferrari 458 "competitor" will come, it is just a matter of time. It will very likely be based on the future Gallardo/R8 platform.

That was the initial assumption, which had been  declined recently and now the word (latest info from George Karcher) is actually that the R8 mk.3 will be based on Porsche's MSQ platform (961?) as the current R8 replacement is already in late stages of its design. Porsche have won the rights for all future VW sport platforms and big luxury sedans.