RC:

OK, guys...I was all wrong about the Panamera Turbo S video I posted: The numbers appearing in the video (3.8 seconds, 11.9 seconds and 40.7 seconds) are the real 0-100, 0-200 and 0-300 kph times measured by french Sportauto, these are not the speedo numbers. I know, I know...a little bit confusing but I checked again and it is true.

Meaning: The Panamera Turbo S seems to be faster from 0-300 kph than the new M5 but only by aprox. 2-3 seconds (which is much but under real life driving conditions, I'd say that both cars would be head to head on a straight line with a rolling start).

Now a shocking fact: The 997 Turbo (facelift !) does 0-300 kph in...40.9 seconds. Meaning: Under real life conditions, the 997 Turbo won't be able to outrun the Panamera Turbo S or the new M5, which is kind of surprising.

So the new M5 and the Panamera Turbo S are faster from 0-300 kph than the following cars (latest models):

Porsche 997 GT3 (50.3 seconds)

Cadillac CTS-V (69.3 seconds)

Aston Martin Vantage V12 (53.7 seconds)

I think whoever chose the new M5 or the Panamera Turbo S won't be disappointed. indecision

Only if the road is in perfect condition will the M5 be as quick as the Panamera turbo S below 100kph. The traction of RWD BMW cars is really not good enough. In winter it is a total mess, I have to say in relation with the M3. I don't expect the M5 to be any better...