Budster:
Gnil:

I accept that (contrary to my first post) that in sport and sport plus it is instant changing up, but even in those modes, there's a delay changing up, don't you think..?  And it's changing up when you want it instant to avoid the revs shooting  up further than you planned (which can make you look like a bit of a twerp in everyday traffic).

BTW (in a statement that almost deserves it's own thread): just what is normal about the normal button..?  Shouldn't it be called the abnormal button, or, to be a serious for a moment, the economy button..?

Yes, normal mode should be called economy, or limo mode, but that would not look good on a 911Smiley Sport = normal !

In order to have the changes instant, even on sport mode, you need to be pushing on the throttle. If you hold back, or are just very smooth on it, the transmission adapts to the driving and does indeed, make the change smoother ( as the box ' knows' there is no need to be ' as fast as possible' as you are not using the engine fully ) in order not to have a brutal gear change when it does not seem to need one. 

You will find out that you can ' play' with the gear box, using your throttle + the paddles .

I only have a real problem with the PDK when I am in a roundabout for example and I have to do a quick accelerating maneuver .Then the PDK shifts down, is slow, just does not what is right  Smiley   I would work if I would be in sport or sport + manual, but usually in town I am not .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm