GTlover:

by the way the CEO of Porsche said already the 991 will not have PDK, so I don’t know what there is left to discuss. The interview was posted here ..what will happen for 991.2 GT3 may be a different story..

I didn't see this comment Smiley

Regarding 450HP, I said this here already before – it’s a mild increase and its OK..the current GT3 is already a capable car....ah, one more thing, the argument that the mezger engine was the reason for no PDK is not fully correct, the 2012 RSR has now one. But another issue is also liability, I cant see a PDK sustaining 50,000KM of full Nürburgring thunder..just look at the change interval for 997 CUP Cars for gearboxes…I don’t see 991 GT3 owners being willing to spent each 10,000Km 10,000€ for gearbox overhaul…!

Street use and racing use are not the same..

Ferrari use a DCT in the 458 and a racing transmission in the racing 458. I know that street 458s are not tracked as much as Porsche GT3s,  but this is by owner choice not because the cars themselves are not capable.

I think that a manual (only) is an anachronism in a market with modern Ferrari, McLaren and even BMW and Mercedes. If Porsche cannot achieve that, they will appear technically backward.

--

"Form follows function"