Carlos from Spain:

, do you regret not having the manual a lot or even if you do regret it, overall you preffer the PDK in the end?

Yes, I do sometimes regret not having the manual.  What I regret is feeling the gear changes ( out of one gear , then into another one ) in the palm of my hand  .  I miss that mechanical feeling.   And ''psychologically '', there is something ' I gave up' by going for PDK.

But..... now that I got used to the paddles , I must say I enjoy a lot changing gears instantly with the these paddles. And the contact with the aluminum paddles at the tip of my fingers is enjoyable too. ( with the buttons this is not possible )

As everything is so quick , the  car feels actually in a superior category ( speed performance wise )

The overall efficiency of the whole system  does now take over the loss  ( I think Smiley ) ( but, as said, it took me a  very long time to get to that )

Now when I drive a manual the enjoyment is more like : ''going  back to something of the past '' , a bit like driving an old timer and appreciating how it was ' before '.

It would be very had for me now to loose the speed and precision of the PDK.

For me to enjoy it, I have to drive it in manual mode + sport ( or overrun it ) . When I leave it in automatic it is only good for me when I am very lazy , or concentrating on something else, or  exceptionally when I want to do the fastest lap possible on the track ( but even then , I am often inclined not to resist shifting myself )

Strangely , the only thing I did not get used to, is not using my left leg ! Tha't still weird to me and the leg is bored Smiley

So in conclusion, I don't think I could actually go back to manual the day I will pull the trigger for the next 911.  I thought  I would go back to manual, but since my drive this summer with the  manual GT3 , I kind of let go of that idea , as the shifting was so damm slow Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm