Thanks all for your comments. Sorry I did not have the time to answer sooner.

My reports was brief and left out quite some bits, but I just wanted to put my first impressions and sensations on this short test drive . I am sure we will find out much more with further testings of fellow renntemers.

@J.Seven + John H : The PDK changes gears faster then before  and when down shifting there ar more  shorter ‘bleeps’ ,  and it just feels generaly more harmonious . Just right .

@P-J : I was actually wondering where you are. Nice to see youa round !

@Lukas : Yes, it would be nice to try S-PASM -20mm, and find out more about it.

As my 997.2 is a S-PASM -20mm, I compared the 991 to that setting.

I don’t know if it had the Electric Steering PLUS . It did not have PDCC

@KMM : Yes, the car had PSE . And the new steering does go with the rest of the car, thus making the whole experience more ‘ confortable’  ( I dont’ know how people interprete the word ‘ confortable’ when I write it.  ) It is no sedan feel, but the ride is smoother.

@MKSGR + Reginos : Yes, the car had winter tyres and It would be different with summer tyres + the roads were cold, and slippery  on many parts.  The winter tyres do make the ride a bit softer and accentuate the lightness in the steering wheel.

@derder : I hope you can try one soon to see by yourself  how the car feels and get your own opinion, as we are all a bit different on how we perceive the cars we drive and put emphasis on different things.

@RC :  about the deseign of the front intakes / bumper : As much as I tried I do not like it . Anyway, this is a detail and esteatics is just a personal preference.

I do not agree on your comment that the 991 drives sportier then a GT3 . Come on, just jump in one and everything is more sporty and raw in a GT3. Now you may have a different interpretation of the word ‘ sportier’ then me.

I agree 100% that the 991 will be faster in the hands of most people then a GT3 997.  That’s waht I am saying when I say the car is more ‘ comfortable’ . Everything is easyer to handle. The car is more neutral, there are no parisate comming from the heavy back, the steering is smoother, the car inspires much more confidence etc…. But that is not more sporty to me, even if it more efficiant.

@BiTurbo : Don’t get me wrong. The car is not a sofa !!! It still feels like a sports/GT car , but much more refined as all big bumps are filtered and the car stays more stable , thus making it more ‘ confortable’  ( but not confortable as in a sofa !! J  )

The PASM is actually very good in that sence and has progressed a lot . Even in sport setting , the suspsensions works and does not become jsut hard.

As to track days for amateurs, my experience is that the sessions are usually 30 minutes. So you can easely do 10 laps.  I do for example know that my brakes and street tyres are ok  ( compared to a GT3 with cups ) for 2 laps, then tyres and brakes are too hot and I can’t keep the same pace.

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm