Alot has already been said about the car so will i have more to say. I got the car in my hand this morning at 9.30 am. Weather conditions: Raining and cold.

Get in the car with my girlfriend next to me, look the inside and said well, nothing really new compare to my cayenne S. Talking about the functions and the central consol. Just find  that the knocks for the AC are really small, you need lady fingers to press it on or of angry and a bit to close up from the radio panel ... but this is a details. I didn't really concentrate on the inside details.

Start the engine and putt directly in sport, left the Porsche Center and went on a small road for test. The shift padels on the steering wheel are for me ok as they are similar to the Cayenne, nothing special and i like them.

To change gear it's ok but not as i would expect, hope that on GT3 will be really good. Then the sound as you change the gear, i kind of like it. I did a test with a friend standing outside to be sure that as the sound of the exhaust, is similar as the inside. The result is almost similar to the inside noise. When you give gas and then get off, you can hear the overrun from the exhaust, it's kind of a nice impressions and it gave me the feeling to hear my Cooper Sangry. Sound that i adore. If you go from the third gear into second you can, from outside also hear a nice sound. So i find the sound of the exhaust quite good.

Now about acceleration. Really nice feeling. you press and the car respond. then from the handling, i really like it alot, the car goes nice into corners and even that the car has not the PDCC, the car gets nicelly into the curve and  you can nicelly play with the gaz pedal to get out of the curve with or without slide. Once you switch off PSM, then it's really fun. Just has to press on the gaz and the car does what you want it to do, so in a round turn or round about it's funny.

i just got surprised with the feeling in the steering wheel. Not easy to feel it.  If the car start to slide you can feel in the steering wheel how the car does his slide correction. Sorry if my explanation is not so good.

what i hate. The roof, really not a good point for me to get the roof sliding on the top of the back roof, i'm sure they calculate all that but not sure that you are not losing speed with the roof like this. Sure it's minimum if you lose something but i wonder yes. For a car been a basic car and  not the GT3, i'm really positiv about it and i'm sure that if you do go on race track with it, you will get some nice sensation. I'm not comparing to a race driver but a daily driver will find his pleasure with this car on the track.

to conclusion: really nice car and really looking forward to discover more about it thru my work.

--

997 GT3,Cayenne S, Cooper S & VW Cross Polo