RC:
BjoernB:

the car is at least 130kgs heavier than a 997 GT3 with less HP - so let's no exaggerate.....

I do not. It is much easier to drive fast and if you put equally skilled drivers behind the steering wheel of both, I bet that the 991 Carrera S would be as fast or even slightly faster on the track.

Weight is crucial but I think that especially the Panamera Turbo S made a point by proving that it isn't only the weight which needs to be taken in consideration. A good setup and a lot of fancy technology can do a lot of good stuff... Smiley

Over one lap, sure.

But a one lap session is pretty boring...

A hot laptime gives a good indication of how the engineers have overcome the burden of additional weight due to design, safety, comfort, gadgets, etc.

But if you really want a sporty car for trackdays or moutainpasses trips, the rule is simple, light is right.

I like that with Porsche, there is an obsession about weight that is almost too extreme with this company.

I have no doubt a 991 with all the right options can be quicker than a 997 GT3 on one lap on the right track, but over 10 laps, I really don't think so.

The Panamera Turbo S would have no brakes nor tyres after 10 laps...Smiley