MKSGR:
reginos:
RC:

Like I said before, the P Zero sucks if not warmed up sufficiently and I assume that this is one of the reasons the performance on wet pavement sucks too.

It is strange that a "maximum performance" tyre like the P Zero is worse in the wet/cold than the more track oriented semi-slick like the Michelin Cup? What is Pirelli's target market with the P Zero? Temperatures above 25 C and no rain most of the year?

--

"Form follows function"

This is even more strange as the PZero used to be quite capable in the wet - much better than the Michelins Smiley

Maybe it depends on the N versions used and the size ? My P Zero sucks big time, I already had two or three pretty hairy situations with my GTS and nope, I wasn't too fast. Mostly at lower temperatures (16-20°C) or when the tire wasn't warmed up sufficiently. Instantly sliding (I didn't even touch the throttle or brake) through a 120° curve at slightly over 100 kph in a forest wasn't the most pleasant thing I've been in, so you get my drift. I drove back, it was slightly wet but no oil or anything similar on the pavement. Maybe I shouldn't drive with Sport Plus active when I just cruise. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Carrera GTS Cabriolet PDK, BMW X5M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S Countryman All4