Carlos,

I was trying to keep my overall cost down as I will change this car within a year I'd guess and didn't want to overload it with extras that wouldn't add to the desirability on the used market. I was limiting myself to a target budget for my option choices of 10% of the base price. Any higher than that and I'd simply be kissing goodbye to the overspend. The 997 has been heavily discounted in the UK for the last year with up to 14% off list so the market is going to find the adjustment to the new higher pricing of the 991 tough enough without me doing my usual rampage through the options list indecision

d997h,

The Burmester system is no doubt very good but simply too expensive IMHO unless you intend keeping the car for a number of years or value sound quality highly. As I don't usually bother listening to music in the car unless on a longer journey it wasn't worth the outlay for me personally. I nearly didn't bother with BOSE either.

Nick,

I didn't spec the sports exhaust as the standard car sounds fine to me. In fact listening to the soundclips on Porsche's website I thought it doesn't sound a lot different with the standard set up. Again cost came into the equation and as the system is an easy retrofit it made sense to leave it off. My dealer actually said not to bother with it. It will never compete with my Ferraris in terms of sound regardless of which exhaust I fit to it in any case. I went for the manual box as it is simply far more involving for this type of car IMHO. We've got PDK on our Boxster S and whilst I quite enjoy driving it, I don't find it that much fun even with the paddle shift steering wheel so tend tro leave it in auto and use Sport or Sport Plus functions when I want to liven up the gearshifts. I also think the novelty factor of the 7 speed manual will be an attraction to used buyers. I'll save PDK for the turbo as it's much better suited to that car as you simply want to hang on when you plant your right foot and not muck about with a gear lever smiley