Carrara:
nberry:

The GT3 has a good sound. The base 991 does not. You know and I know that. Why in the hell should anyone pay more to make a sport car sound like a sport car? Regarding handling, I doubt very much would you be able to distinguish a substantially difference between what you own and the 991.

I guess the best reason to trade in is what Alan alluded to. He has had his car a long time and the time is to turn it in for another one. I have a similar situation. The lease on the TT is up in March of 2013. More than likely my wife will want another one. I certainly would not buy out the rest of the lease. Therefore, she will lease a new one unless I am so disenchanted with the 991 TT we look elsewhere.

The base 991, you're right, doesn't sound that good, but with the sport exhaust it sounds amamzing.

And I guarantee you the 991 is much more agile than the 997.

I am sure the handling would be better, specially with PDCC and infinite programming of the electric power steering. Just like the DFI engine, electromagnetic suspension, they all can be easily programed to suite every individual. The future sport button should have programming for auto crossing, high speed track, public road, etc.