WAY:
MKSGR:
WAY:
 The M3 has more space, rides better, has better balance, is just as quick, sounds better, is cheaper etc etc.  The list goes on.  

Are you serious (Better balance, just as quick...) Smiley The rest of your list is OK though Smiley

911 is far from being a balanced car.  We have just learned to drive around it's shortcomings and have in fact endeared it so much that we now dread that it's going to be too mid engined like (ie. much more balanced).  For the average person out there who has never owned a 911, a M3 is infinitely more balanced car than 911.  And yes, M3 is just as quick if not faster than a C2 (not C2S obviously).  I don't have any track times to back me up but for sure the M3 feels like the faster car. 

My wife also owns an M3. While this car has a lot of qualities (and I agree the price-quality ratio is good) I don't like the handling too much. Major "problems" are: (i) too much weight at the front end of the car (feels way too heavy when turning into bends), the steering doesn't feel well (too light and indirect), (iii) the brakes are not strong enough - they really suffer if you use them harder (you can already feel it on the Autobahn, not just on the track). From a technical perspective, PDK seems much more refined than BMW's DSG Smiley

But again: the M3 is still a good car - I just think the 997 is superior in every aspect of driving dynamics (except, maybe, for straight-line performance where I would have to look up the numbers) SmileySmileySmiley